Information by the International Office regarding the CoVid19 pandemic

FAQ on hygiene measures and access to the buildings

The university will be open again from 27 September.

Can I enter the campus and the buildings again as a student?
Yes. However, at warning levels I, II and III, you must comply with the 3G rule in order to be allowed to enter the buildings. The entrance doors to the buildings can therefore only be opened with your CampusCard. You must have this card activated (see here).

What does the 3G rule mean?
The 3G rule means that you must fulfil one of the following conditions to enter the buildings:
a) You have been vaccinated. The vaccine must be recognised in the EU. Currently the following four vaccines are recognised: BioNtech/Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Janssen-Cilag/Johnson & Johnson. Important: You are not considered fully vaccinated until 14 days after the second vaccination (for Janssen-Cilag/Johnson & Johnson 14 days after the first vaccination)!
b) You have fully recovered. This can be proven, for example, by a positive PCR test result (the proof must be at least 28 days old). Your diagnosed infection must not have occurred more than 6 months ago.
c) You have been tested. (You must prove this by a daily PCR test or rapid antigen test).

What does the 2G rule mean?
The 2G rule refers to when entry (e.g. to a café) is only allowed for those who have either been vaccinated or have recovered (see also "What does the 3G rule mean?").

I have been vaccinated with a vaccine that is not recognised in the EU. Do I fulfil the 2G rule?
Unfortunately no. Currently, you only meet the 2G rule if you have been vaccinated with one of the following vaccines: BioNtech/Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Janssen-Cilag/Johnson &Johnson. However, if you have been vaccinated with a different vaccine, you have the option of being vaccinated again in Germany with one of the recognised vaccines. Please ask your doctor for advice! Tell him or her which vaccine you have already been vaccinated with.
If you do not want to be vaccinated again, you must be tested regularly according to the current status. The costs will be covered in that case (see here).

What do the warning levels mean?
The warning levels are part of the university's Corona level plan and show the current infection incidence at the respective study location. A distinction is made between four warning levels: none, I, II and III. Depending on the warning level, varying strict contact and hygiene rules apply. At warning level III, classroom teaching is no longer possible. The current warning level is updated every Wednesday on the university website and can also vary depending on the place of study (Wilhelmshaven, Oldenburg or Elsfleth). You may enter the campus and the buildings at all warning levels. However, you must comply with the 3G rule for warning levels I, II and III.

Will all lectures at the Jade University of Applied Sciences be held in presence again?
No. The decision as to whether lectures are held in presence or online is made by each department. This can also change in the course of the semester (depending on the infection rate, see the university's Corona level plan). Therefore, please be sure to follow the notifications from your department in all online portals (university mail, Infosys and Moodle). 

I would like to come to the university. What do I have to do?
From 27 September 2021 you will need to prove your 3G status before entering the buildings. You can do this as follows:
a) By showing proof of vaccination with a vaccine approved in the EU (BioNtech/Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Janssen-Cilag/Johnson & Johnson) Note: You are not considered vaccinated until 14 days after the complete vaccination!
b) With a certificate of recovery (certificate of a positive PCR test result, at least 28 days old, but not older than 6 months) 
c) With a certificate of a negative test result (rapid test not older than 24 hours, PCR test not older than 48 hours, self-test according to the rules of the test diary).

Where do I have to prove my 3G status?
At one of the clearance stations on campus (WHV: car park in front of the South Building, OL: forum behind the canteen, ELS: in front of the main building, Weserstraße 52). The clearance stations will be open from 27.09.2021 on Mondays to Fridays from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m./2 p.m. respectively.

What happens at the clearance station?
Your 3G status will be checked at the clearance station. If you meet it, your CampusCard will be unlocked for the day and you can open the doors of the buildings. 

Do I now have to go to the clearance station every day if I want to enter the campus?
That depends on which of the three "Gs" you fulfil: 
If you belong to group a) (= vaccinated) or b) (= recovered), you can unlock your CampusCard for the entire winter semester online via the university’s website. You can do this at the following link: There you can log in under "Building access for students" with your IT user data and confirm your 2G status. After that, your CampusCard is activated and you no longer have to go to the clearance station. 
Note: You may only clear yourself if you have fully recovered or if you have full vaccination protection and the last vaccination was at least 14 days ago!
If you belong to group c) (= tested), you unfortunately have to go to the clearance station every day and show them your current negative test result. Your CampusCard will then be activated for the day.

I have not (yet) been (fully) vaccinated. What testing options do I have?
If you do not meet the 2G rule, you must bring a current test result to the clearance station. 
You have the following two testing options:
1. You get tested at a test centre in the city and bring the certificate with a negative result (rapid test not older than 24 hours, PCR not older than 48 hours).
2. You do a properly conducted self-test and have a witness sign this on the test diary
This can be done by a fellow student or a roommate, for example.
Can I get tested at the clearance station?
No, this is only possible in exceptional circumstances. Please buy self-tests (e.g. at the drugstore) and take a test in front of a witness (see above) before entering the campus. Then bring the signed test diary with you to the clearance station. Alternatively, you can get tested at a test centre in town and bring the test result with you to the clearance station.

So far, the rapid test at the test centres is free of charge. Will it stay that way?
No. The free test offer for all citizens ends on 11 October 2021. The only exceptions to this rule will apply to the following groups of students:

  • Students who cannot be vaccinated for health reasons or for whom there is no vaccination recommendation.
  • Students who have been vaccinated with a vaccine not recognised in the EU.

These students can continue to be tested free of charge by rapid test until 31 December 2021.

Will the university pay for the self-tests?
No. In general, you have to pay for the self-tests yourself and also buy them yourself (e.g. at the drugstore or pharmacy). The only exceptions to this rule are for the following:

  • Students who cannot be vaccinated for health reasons or for whom there is no vaccination recommendation.
  • Students who have been vaccinated with a vaccine not recognised in the EU.

For these students, the university will provide tests free of charge until further notice. Students whom this concerns should please contact the Occupational Health and Safety Office:

I have been tested positive. What do I have to do?
If you have tested yourself at home and received a positive result, please stay at home. Call your doctor or call 116 117 to get an appointment for a PCR test. If the PCR test is also positive, follow the instructions of the doctor or the public health department. In that case, please also contact the university:

How is compliance with the 3G rule monitored?
There will be regular checks in the buildings to see if all students can prove their 3G status. Therefore, always carry proof of your 3G status (vaccination card, proof of recovery, proof of a valid test/test diary) and proof of identity (ID card, driving licence, CampusCard) with you! If you do not have proof of your 3G status with you, this may lead to your de-registration or even have legal consequences for you.

Do I have to wear a mask everywhere in the buildings?
Yes, at warning levels I, II or III you must always wear a medical mask in the buildings. However, you may remove the mask when you are at your place in the classroom and the minimum distance of 1.5 m can be maintained (except for warning level III, in which case you must also wear the mask at your place). You maintain the distance by sitting at a place with a green dot on the table. As soon as there are more people in the room than there are seats with green dots, the mask obligation applies. For details, please check on the overview in the university's Corona level plan.

What do I have to consider when I am in the university buildings?
In principle, the same hygiene regulations apply in the university buildings as in other public spaces: you must comply with the distance rules and wear a medical mask. You also have to register via the QR code as soon as you enter a room in the building (e.g. to attend a lecture or to use a PC room). 

What do the QR codes on the doors mean?
The QR codes, which can be found on all doors, help to trace the chain of contact in the event of a reported infection and in this way prevent further infections. It is therefore very important that you register via the QR code every time you enter a room. You will then need to enter your matriculation number and seat number on the website that opens. After 1.5 hours you will be automatically logged out again


For our employees, whose mother tongue is not German and who would like to improve their language skills, we offer the course  "Sprachen online lernen - Speexx" (pronounced "speaks"). 

You will find it using the search function in Moodle or in the course area "Fachbereichsübergreifend". 

After logging in with your user data, there are different options: 

a) You can choose "Einstufungstests" and do an entrance level test in the language you want to enhance your skills. 

b) You can directly choose one of the languages and the level you want to train yourself in. 

For German, Spanish and French, Speexx offers the levels A1, A2, B1.1, B2.1, B2.2. 

For English, you can choose level A1, A2, B1.1, B2.1, B2.2 und C1. 

The employees of the International Office can be reached by e-mail and by telephone. Personal appointments are possible by prior arrangement.