Exchange Students

Partner Universities

The Faculty of Architecture offers you the opportunity to integrate one or two semesters abroad into your studies. You can study at one of our partner universities or choose your own place of study (as a "free-mover"). In this way you can get to know other perspectives on architecture and studies, learn new languages or improve your language skills. And, of course, you will meet many new and interesting people and get to know their living environments.


Would you like to study at our university for a semester or a year? Welcome! Each semester we welcome exchange students to our faculty from our 19 partnerfaculties.

The Faculty of Architecture at Jade University of Applied Sciences is located in the city centre of Oldenburg. The town was founded in 1345 and still maintains its historic character in the city centre and its surroundings, where you will find a lot of interesting architecture from the classical period. Oldenburg, nowadays, is a city with about 170.000 residents located in the north-western coastal region of Germany. The two Oldenburg Universities with about 18.000 students make sure that you will always find a rich, cultural life and a vivid atmosphere in town.

We offer a three-year bachelor degree programme (B.A) and a two-year master degree programme (M.A). Each year about 150 students begin to study at our faculty. Projects and lectures are given by 16 attached professors, several research assistants, and external lecturers. We offer an intensive working atmosphere when elaborating their design projects in small groups, personal mentoring, and studio workspace. You can sign up for courses from our Bachelor or Master Degree. Most of them are taught in German. However, each semester we offer some design projects in the Bachelor degree program english taught.

On our website you can find some impressions about studying Architecture in Oldenburg and detailed informations for Incoming Students.


Would you like to study abroad at one of our 19 Partner Universities for a semester or a year? Welcome! We have numerous cooperation Partners with European and non-European universities.

During a bachelor degree, the 5th semester is the best for a semester abroad. Depending on your individual study plan you can get up to 30 credit points (CP/ECTS) approved for your semester abroad. During the 3rd semester of the Master Degree, a module called "International Studies" (20 CP/ECTS) is integrated which you can chose alternatively to the "Individual Design Project". Therefore, the credit points (CP/ECTS) that you received during your stay abroad will be approved here. In addition, you can receive credit points for electives.

We will help you choosing a university and composing your learning agreement. (Contact)

For your stay abroad, you can apply for a BaFöG grant. If you’re planning a stay abroad at one of our European Partner Universities, then you can receive a grant with the Erasmus+ programme.
If you’re planning to stay abroad outside oft the EU or at a University which isn’t a Partner University, then you can apply for he PROMOS scholarship.
For further information, please contact the International Office. (Contact)

You can find more detailed information about your semester abroad here.