Degree-seeking students

You have finished secondary school or a Bachelor's in another country and would like to study at the Jade University of Applied Sciences?

In order to apply for a place at the university, you will need to send your application including your entrance qualification to uni-assist. Uni-assist is a service that checks foreign certificates on behalf of German universities. Please apply directly via the uni-assist portal.

If you would like to find out in advance whether your certificate allows you access to higher education in Germany or whether you will first have to attend a Studienkolleg as an additional qualification, the anabin database provides helpful information.

For any questions regarding the application process for full-time studies, please contact Nele Hellmold (Wilhelmshaven) or Anneke Freudenthal (Oldenburg/Elsfleth).

German language skills

As there are only a few degree programmes which include modules taught in English, you will generally need a DSH1 or TestDaF3 German language certificate. For some degree programmes you might need a higher language level or a certain level of English. You can find the specific requirements in the admission requirements of respective Bachelor or Master programmes.

Pre-study internship

For some degree programmes you will need to complete a pre-study internship. Different requirements and regulations apply for the different degree programmes.

Numerus Clausus ("NC")

For some degree programmes admissions are restricted. If there are more applicants than places for these programmes, admissions will be decided based on the applicants' Numerus Clausus, or NC. This means: The grade of the higher education entrance certificate is key for your application. In some programmes a bonus system for applicants who have completed a study-related vocational training may apply.

You can find an overview of the last NC values on the website of the Enrolment Office and check here whether your desired degree programme is restricted in admission or not.

Should you be interested in a degree programme for which admissions are restricted, please do not feel discouraged and apply regardless of your grade average!

Application deadlines

Depending on the degree programme, you can begin your studies in the winter semester or the summer semester. The  application deadline depends on when a degree programme begins and whether it is restricted ("NC") or not.

The application deadlines can be found in the Enrolment Office's information for applicants with a foreign higher education entrance qualification.

Application via uni-assist

First, you will have to register on uni-assist. You will then be able to log in and fill out the application form and upload the necessary documents. You will also need to print and sign the application form and post it to uni-assist together with certified and translated (German or English) copies of your other official documents, references and certificates. Only then is your application complete.

 Please note that uni-assist charges a handling fee for assessing your application.

After your application

You will be notified by uni-assist that your application has been received and whether any documents are missing. Once your payment had been received, uni-assist will check your documents and inform you of the results.

If you meet the requirements, your application will be forwarded to the enrolment office of the Jade UAS. Your application is then admitted to the university's admission process where your documents will be evaluated again. Should admissions be restricted for the degree programme of your choice, the success of your application will depend on on your final grade, the total numer of applicants and their final grades. Once the admission process is finished, you will receive a letter of admission or denial.


In your letter of admission you will be informed on what happens next: enrolling.You will now need to hand in further documents, such as a photo (for your CampusCard), proof of health insurance, etc. to the university.

You will only be enroled and receive your CampusCard if your documents are complete and submitted by the deadline, and the semester administration fee has been transferred.

Your CampusCard can be used for the library, to pay at the canteen (Mensa) and to use the local trains and buses (restricted IC/EC train use) in almost all of Lower Saxony. The semester fee is made up of: Studentenwerk contribution, AStA contribution, administration fee, and semester ticket contribution as well as tuition fees for some of the Master's degrees.

Finishing a degree in Germany

You have started a degree in another country and would like to finish it in Germany?
In this case there are two options: Depending on the degree programme, you will be able to apply to start your studies in a higher studies. Should this not be possible, you will need apply for you degree programme normally. Once you are enroled you can contact the Enrolment Office and apply for the courses completed at your old university to be accredited to your current course of studies. This could potentially save you a few semesters.