Semester abroad

You would like to study at the Jade University for your semester(s) abroad? This is possible even if you are not currently enroled at one of our partner universities.

If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact Ilze Peksa (Wilhelmshaven) or Julia Blandfort (Oldenburg/Elsfleth).

Knowledge of German

There are only a few courses of study in which some modules are taught in English. As most modules are only offered in German, we recommend that you speak German at B2 level at least. We recommend that you participate in our German Summer Course in Wilhelmshaven before beginning your studies. Taking part in these four-week-long German intensive courses will ensure that you are well prepared for your studies at the Jade University of Applied Sciences and, living in Germany and taking part in the extensive cultural programme, will give you an opportunity to become immersed in the local culture. Furthermore, we offer German courses during the semester to help you continually improve your German. Registration forms are available at the International Office.

Application and nomination

You're thinking about spending one or two semesters abroad at the Jade University of Applied Sciences and are wondering what happens next?

First, have a look at the courses offered at the university and pick the courses you would like to take. Please pay attention to whether they are offered in English oder German, so you can make the right choice depending on your language skills. Once you have chosen a number of courses, you will need to contact the International Office to let them confirm that your choice is possible. They will also be able to support you in finding other modules to take. When you are satisfied with your choice of courses and sure that you would like to spend your semester abroad with us, you can start the application process.

For you to be able to study at the Jade UAS, you will have to be nominated by your university. For questions regarding this you can contact Ilze Peksa (Wilhelmshaven) or Julia Blandfort (Oldenburg/Elsfleth) directly. Once you have successfully been nominated and your semester abroad has been approved by both your home university and the Jade University, the enrolment process can begin.


To enrol you must submit the following documents :

  • certificate of enrolment from your home university (certificate, student ID, or similar)
  • Erasmus scholarship certificate (if available)
  • proof of health insurance (e.g. the EHIC form) for the duration of your studies at the Jade HS
  • proof of sufficient financial means to finance your stay at the Jade UAS, for instance through a scholarship certificate stating duration and amount granted (in German or English); the amount of financial support you will receive during your stay must be indicated
  • a passport photo (print or digital)
  • a copy of identity card (or passport) (printed or digital)
  • CV
  • current transcript of records

Students coming from Partner Countries (KA 107) please submit also:

  • Letter where you state your motivation for coming to Jade University of Applied Sciences
  • Certificate of English knowledge
  • A statement or reference from of one of your professors

By enroling at the Jade University you will also receive your CampusCard, which you can use in the library, to pay at the canteen (Mensa) and to use the local trains and buses (restricted IC/EC train use) in almost all of Lower Saxony. In order to receive your CampusCard, you will need to pay your semester fee before before the semester starts. The cost for this is made up of: Studentenwerk contribution, AStA contribution, administration fee, and semester ticket contribution. For exchange students the semester fee is a little lower than that for full-time students.