The main principles of how we operate:
- Our department thrives on the ideas, theories, projects and skills of our teaching staff and students on a basis of mutual exchange and development.
- The Department of Economics is just one part of a university of applied sciences. One of our primary goals is the special importance we place on the aspect of integrating practical experience with academics.
- We attain this goal by the careful selection of our faculty members who comprise a powerful mix of many years’ of professional know-how and distinguished academic work in their major teaching field.
- Internship project work, Bachelor’s theses, management games, workshops and excursions are some of the major tasks that accompany students during their academic studies to prepare them for their professional lives.
- Continual contact to private firms as well as to institutions and associations is an essential requirement to facilitate the students’ professional orientation.
- Besides the professional training gained in internships, offering a wide-range of networked basic academic education is a distinguishing characteristic of our department.
- he first segment of the undergrad program concentrates on gaining a basic understanding of the different components of economics and how they relate to each other before delving prematurely into a major.
- A wide selection of electives is offered in the second segment of the undergrad program to deepen the understanding of more specific theoretical functions in Economics and Management. A conceptual method ideally prepares the students for their professional careers.
- Intercultural and social competences as well as the practical skills needed for everyday life are much more integral parts of the undergrad program than simply being ‘the bits in-between’. Important skills such as language skills, presentation techniques and communication are just a few examples.
- We operate on the basis of an individual academic atmosphere coupled with close-knit academic mentoring at a university with short distances between the buildings and of this nestled into one of Germany’s most beautiful vacation landscapes.